Two changes were announced recently by the Department of Home Affairs in Australia visa that might influence your possible entry into Australia.
Investor Retirement Australia Visa Cancelled
As announced by the Department of Home Affairs announced: “The Temporary Investment Retirement Australia visa (subclass 405) will now be closed for the new applicants. This new change took effect from 1st June 2018.
As per the 2nd announcement, “the Temporary Investment Retirement Australia visa (subclass 405) will now be for the self-funded retirees who have no dependents and want to live in Australia during their retirement years.”
General Skilled Migration Australia Visa Change
The pool and pass mark for the General Skilled Migration visa Instrument has been increased from 1st July 2018 onwards.
Part 2 of this instrument increases the pool and pass mark to 65 for the following three subclasses where an application is made on or after 1st July 2018 in response to an invitation given on or after 1 July 2018:
- Skilled-Independent (Permanent) (Class SI) Subclass 189
- Skilled-Nominated (Permanent) (Class SN) Subclass 190
- Skilled-Regional Sponsored (Provisional) (Class SP) Subclass 489
60 was the previous pool and pass marks.
Part 3 of this instrument commencing from 1 July 2018, maintains the pre-existing pool and pass marks for the outstanding applications for the following repealed visa subclasses:
- Subclass 175 (Skilled-Independent) visa
- Subclass 176 (Skilled-Sponsored) visa
- Subclass 475 (Skilled-Regional Sponsored) visa
- Subclass 487 (Skilled-Regional Sponsored) visa
- Subclass 885 (Skilled-Independent) visa
- Subclass 886 (Skilled-Sponsored) visa
Want to Immigrate to Australia for Visit, Study, Invest, or Australia PR? Then contact us for any help or assistance. make a right choice and ensure your process success as we have a success rate close to 100% in the industry.
You can check whether you are eligible or not to move to Australia through our Australia Immigration Eligibility Checker.
Click here for more information on Australia Immigration.